We believe in deep listening.
Loup is a human-centered design consultancy that helps organizations listen to and learn from the people they serve. We believe in the power of deep listening, empathy, and human stories to drive innovation, impact, and lasting change.
Our mission is to elevate the voices of your customers, end users, network members, or stakeholders in ways that build understanding, tell a more powerful story about your work, and help trigger your next big idea or breakthrough.
Based in Washinton, D.C., with offices in Toronto and Montreal, Loup (formerly “Facilitating Change”) has provided human-centered design facilitation, research, assessment, training, and digital and workshop production services for non-profit, international development, and civil society organizations for more than a decade.
Past clients include the World Bank Innovation Labs, the International Finance Corporation Gender Secretariat, the Mozilla Foundation, the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX), the Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC), and Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
Loup’s services are based on gathering narrative-based data, transforming it into actionable insights and assets, and then facilitating the process of acting on new learning.
Research & Evaluation
- Stakeholder interviews
- Human-centered design (HCD) research
- Learning-focused program evaluation
- Narrative-based grant reporting systems
- Capturing event impacts and connecting participants via experiential "listening booths"
analysis & communications
- Qualitative data analysis
- Packaging findings in usable ways: Personas, customer profiles, journey maps, stakeholder maps, network maps, theory of change
- Communication design and storytelling — via the web, audio / podcasting, or video production
- Delightful member directories and digital project dashboards
- Program / service / experience design facilitation
- Human-centered design workshops and coaching
- Value proposition design
- Organizational design and development
- Prototype development and testing
- Stakeholder engagement strategy: closing the loop